Wednesday, April 16, 2008

About Me



I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to review my blog.
I am a Wife, Mother, Doula and Daughter of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I married the love of my life in 1998, and together we have two wonderfully creative boys. When I was giving birth to my children I did not know what a Doula was and could have really used the support! No matter what their race, education, young, or old, single or married any women who want a Doula should have a Doula.

So this is the adventure….

I have been assisting women and their families in my church community since 2001. I then became acquainted with the term “Doula” in 2003. I began working toward my Doula certification and then became a Certified Birth Doula in February 2006. As I began this great journey of becoming a Doula, I found a passion inside my heart I never knew was there. As a Doula I educate women and their families on the pregnancy, the process of labor and birth and postpartum care. Doulas do not take the place of partners, medical staff or family members there to support mom during the birthing process. I am there as part of the team. Doulas can give an objective point of view and help the labor progress. I give suggestions on position changes, give her partner a break when needed, massaging and emotional support.

The word DOULA means woman servant in the Greek or Handmaiden. When I became a Doula, I realized this is what I was born to do.

Blessings,
Heather

3 comments:

Heaven's Doula said...

First I wanted to THANK ALL the families that have allowed me to be a part of the most amazing time in your lives! Thank You!
This blog reflects my heart, and what I love to do as a Doula.
Thank you.... to AMY SUTTER who took the time to help me with this. She is a true blessing to us all!
Love,
Heather Haywood

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

Heather... Doing this Blog for you has blessed me MORE than words can express! To read the testimonies and see the pictures has really been an emotional adventure as I have pieced together not only a blog but God's precious miracles. Your heart is amazing and I know that God HAS and will CONTINUE to use you to bring HIS children (fruit) into this world. I am so grateful and thankful to God and You for letting me be a part of your divine purpose! Let this blog be used as a tool to touch others!!
Warmest Blessings and lots of Love,
Amy Sutter

Heaven's Doula said...

I just love my Blog!! I am so grateful to have Amy's help!
And to the families that have allowed me to be there at the most amazing time in their LIFE!!!!
Thank you !